After the largest public consultation ever undertaken, the Global Goals were adopted in 2015 by the UK and the other 192 member states of the United Nations.
At the heart of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, they call for economic growth, innovation, circular economies and upgraded infrastructure, as well as providing a path to end extreme poverty, fight inequality, and protect the planet.
The SDGs were hailed as a ‘paradigm shift for people and planet’ by former Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon. They are going to transform our world, and that transformation will create opportunities for new business models to deliver new products and services into new markets.
Every company (and every citizen) needs to understand this important global megatrend!
- What are the Global Goals?
- Why should business care about the Goals?
- How can business contribute to achieving the Goals and benefit from doing so?
Join us at Making Global Goals Local Business – Belfast to find out.
- Steve Kenzie, Executive Director, UN Global Compact Network UK
- Nichola Hughes, Director of Sustainable Northern Ireland
- ISL Waste Management
- Kerry Melville, Coordinator, Belfast Food Network
- David Lindsay, Director of Environment, Ards and North Down Borough Council